CLOSED – ALL APPLICATIONS ARE BEING REVIEWED BY THE AWARD JURY
1. Check your eligibility
The ENCATC Research Award targets emerging researchers in the field of cultural policy and cultural management up from Europe and the rest of the world.
The doctoral thesis submitted to the call must have been recently published (up to 4 years after completion of the thesis) and be qualified with cum laude or equivalent in your country’s higher education system. In case the university does not provided any numerical grading of the doctoral thesis, the applicant is required to ask his/her supervisor to submit a statement of the quality of the doctoral thesis. All the doctoral thesis must be presented in English although the original version can be in another language.
2. Find support to your application
Each ENCATC Research Award applicant must be supported by his or her university in the form of two letters of recommendation by the members of university’s jury/assessment board involved in the public defense process.
3. Prepare your application and submit documents
Applicant must fill in the online application form and upload the following documents into the online application system:
- A cover letter
- Original table of contents of the doctoral thesis and a link to the full text
- A 3,000 word summary of the doctoral thesis in English including:
- Aim of the study and research questions
- Theoretical framework
- Methodological approaches, data collection and analysis, and ethical considerations
- Main results of the study
- Theoretical and practical contributions to the field of cultural management and/or policy
- Main references
- Letters of recommendation of two members of university’s jury/assessment board involved in the public defence process
- Proof the application processing fee has been paid (print screen for example)
The deadline for application submissions is extended until 17 July 2020 (midnight Brussels time).
4. Pay the application processing fee
For your application to be processed, all candidates are required to pay the 30€ application processing fee*.
- Payment must be done in EUROS via PayPal via this link.
- Applicants are requested to show proof of payment (uploading a print screen for example) in the online application system.
Applications which do not meet eligibility criteria or do not respect the application procedure will rejected automatically.
*An additional fee (3,4% +0,35€) is foreseen for the application fee payments by credit card or PayPal account.